Welcome to our “Blogging 101″ Series with Cory Gallant, a seasoned professional on Blogging, Website Design, and Communicating your Message Effectively and Efficiently to your Clients.
Cory answers our big BASIC question that all health coaches must contemplate before (or after) creating their own website: “What are the benefits of having a blog on your website, according to you?”
1. A blog gives your site personality. By starting a blog you are making a commitment both financially and more importantly an investment of your time to provide valuable insights for your niche. Hold your self to high standards when you blog because if you have nothing interesting to say or no value to add then your blog will soon become a ghost town and will in fact have a negative impact on your site.
2. A blog gives people a reason to return to your website. By bringing in repeat readers, your blog can quickly and easily build a loyal following that can share the name of your business and brand through word of mouth marketing.
3. A blog helps search engine rankings. Adding a blog to your small business website means that you are constantly adding fresh content. The search engines recognize when you add fresh content to your blog and promote your blog in the correct manner. If you tell them what your blog content is about by using the correct SEO on page optimization, you will be rewarded by having your content indexed where you most want it to be found, e.g. where ideal customers for your business are likely to be searching. More on this in the next installment to our “Blogging 101″ series…
4. A blog gives (potential) clients the opportunity to converse. The purpose of a blog is to strike up conversation with your audience. This can happen by creating content that helps them, or is in fact controversial (although not so controversial that it will damage your reputation!).
5. A blog can help you establish authority and credibility. You can establish your small business as an authority in your industry by creating highly enriching blog content. If you are able to do this, it is a sure fire way to gain credibility with prospective new business partners.
Stay tuned for our next “Blogging 101″ installments on how a blog can specifically help a health coach’s business, how to increase traffic to your blog and how to turn readers into clients.
I’m a web designer and food blogger working out of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
In December 2011, I left my corporate career in software consulting to pursue my dream of being an entrepreneur and food blogger. For years I had been moonlighting on the side and hoped that one day I would build enough courage to take the leap into full time entrepreneurship. Well, the deed is done and I am 100% devoted to adding value to my clients! The consulting side of my new career has been extremely fulfilling and I plan to continue helping people and companies all over the world by growing their online presence.
I specialize in WordPress and Thesis website/blog design, graphic design, brand awareness, business strategy and social media consulting. I have worked with businesses and individuals of varying sizes to set up customized web solutions. With over 12 years experience in web and graphic design, I can help you take your business to the next level. www.zestyblogconsulting.com