For years I’ve been experimenting with different morning routines, only halfheartedly. I know that my morning routine has the potential to launch me into new levels of success, just like any positive habit that you incorporate into your day. But there are so many different things to potentially include in a morning routine that I’ve had trouble deciding what to do!
I could do so many things including: affirmations, yoga, walking, meditation, journaling, email catch up, blogging, etc!
How to choose? Which activities will cause the most positive change in me?
I want to plan my morning routine to be one that strengthens me and turns me into a more productive, happy, successful and spiritual person.
Margaret Lively, from Decades of Health, has her morning routine figured out. Here she shares with us what she does each morning to get a “leg up” on the day.
“Tongue Cleaner – This is one I have been doing consistently each day for several months. Although my husband laughs when I say this, the tongue cleaner has changed my life!
The tongue cleaner, is an inexpensive yet transformative utensil. It consists of a blunted edge that removes plaque and build-up from the surface of the tongue. Derived from the Ayurvedic tradition, use of a tongue cleaner is said to help people express themselves more thoughtfully and speak more sincerely and authoritatively.
Benefits of daily usage of a tongue cleaner include:
- Fighting cavities by removing bacteria from the mouth
- Preventing bad breath (especially for people who eat a lot of dairy and build up mucus in the
mouth, nose and throat)
- Reducing food cravings by cleaning the tongue of leftover food
- Reversing the process of desensitizing your taste buds and allows you to taste more subtle
flavors in food.
- Enhancing kissing because it makes the tongue more sweet, fresh and sensitive.
Hot Water with Lemon — Drink 1-2 cups each morning and enjoy the following benefits:
- Better Digestion – Increase elimination of waste from the body, reduce constipation and diarrhea, cleanse your digestive tract and help food to digest properly.
- Weight Loss –Increased elimination coupled with the flushing out of toxins kick start the weight loss process.
- Creating Beautiful Skin -The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
- Energizing Your Body – Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract.
- Overcoming Nausea or Morning Sickness – According to “Managing Morning Sickness” by Miriam Erick, lemons are therapeutic for pregnant women. Not only do they help with the nausea that comes with being pregnant, but they provide antioxidants and nutrients as well.
Meditation — According to Deepak Chopra, “The daily practice of meditation has proven to provide greater levels of
intuition and creativity, relief from stress and anxiety, a more restful sleep, an increasing inner calm, and innumerable health benefits.”
Yesterday I started a 21-Day Meditation Challenge provided by The Chopra Center. (http://www.chopracentermeditation.com/Bestsellers/LandingPage.aspx?BookId=169)
This is a free daily guided meditation you can do while sitting at your desk with a set of headphones at your computer.”
Margaret has her morning routine all figured out. And I am certainly going to be re-vamping mine this week.
What does your morning routine look like? Are you leveraging your morning time to move you closer towards reaching you health and business goals or are you squandering this time away?
Tell us how you spend your mornings. What works for you? Do you set up your morning routines with the intention of self growth and improvement?