Yep, this mousse is heavenly, as stated by a recent cooking class attendee. You’re going to be licking the spatula… I did!
And the main ingredient is avocados! Then coconut milk – cocoa powder and honey – All of the ingredients are dense with nutrients like magnesium, calcium, various antioxidants and essential fatty acids. This mousse is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and paleo-approved!
Please, enjoy this without guilt…
Keep taking back your health,
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
1 ½ avocado
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. sea salt
½ c plus 1 tbs. honey
6 drops of stevia extract
1/3 c cocoa powder
2 egg whites (optional)
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated 5 hours to overnight
1. Combine everything except the coconut milk and the egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until very smooth – about 3 minutes – scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as you go.
2. Rinse the beaters of the hand mixer. In a clean, medium-size mixing bowl, whip the solid portion of the canned coconut milk with a hand mixer on medium-high speed for about 1 minute. Put the whipped coconut cream back into the fridge until step four. Reserve the liquid portion of the canned coconut milk for use in another recipe.
3. Optional step: Rinse and dry the beaters of the hand mixer. In a clean, medium-size mixing bowl, whip the egg whites with the hand mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
4. Take the coconut cream out of the fridge and whip one more time for about 30 seconds on high. Fold the whipped coconut cream into the chocolate mixture with a spatula. (Optional) Next, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
5. Serve or refrigerate for up to 4 days. Texture is best on the first or second day.
PS: Share this recipe with your friends…maybe they’ll make it for you next time you’re over for dinner!