I always worry that I’m giving you all recipes that take too much effort to prepare. But this one is super simple – you can order the ingredients for delivery, chop the veggies up pretty quickly, and throw them into the blender.
It’s really important to consume hydrating fruits and vegetables, especially in the heat of the summer. Nature provides for our bodies exactly what we need in any given month, and we need a lot of water in summer.
It’s not a coincidence that melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and peaches are all ripening during the hottest months of the year. They are cooling and hydrating when your body needs it most.
Cucumber Melon Gazpacho
3/4 ripe honeydew melon, seeded
1 1/2 small fennel bulbs, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 celery heart stalks, coarsely chopped
3/4 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
4 Tbs. + 2 tsp. fresh lime juice; add more to taste
1 Tbs. raw honey or organic whole cane sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt; add more to taste
- Cut away honeydew rind and dark green flesh close to rind. Cut honeydew into 1” chunks. Should yield 6 cups.
- Place melon in a blender with fennel, celery, cucumber and jalapeños.
- Blend on low speed until almost smooth. Strain through medium mesh sieve or colander if there are large fibrous pieces that need to be removed.
- Stir in minced chile, lime juice, salt and honey. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until very cold. Enjoy!
Leave a comment below and let me know if you are going to try the recipe. What other hydrating fruits and vegetables are you getting in your diet?
Keep taking back your health,